So... as many of you may, or may not, know... I have a huge love for Disneyland! This love has been fueled by years of living 15 minutes away from the park, loving parents who encourage & share my passion, siblings who love fun facts, and a husband whose family also adores it. My brother Michael, and his lovely wife Brit have begun a new tradition of having a Disneyland Day once a year. It is on a designated weekend (always the 2nd weekend of March, so always near my birthday) that the entire family, grandparents, aunts & uncles, second cousins, or just good friends, are all invited to come participate in this monumental day! I am SO excited to go with them this year & several years to come.
In preparation for this fun event, I am preparing a medley of music which is to be basically the theme music of the park & its lands. Almost as if you were walking through the streets, what you would be hearing. Its been somewhat of a daunting task, and its not entirely right yet, but I am SO excited for the end result! The current CD includes:
1. Welcome - the welcome speech Walt first gave on opening day in 1955
2. Main Street, USA - the sounds of the train station, shops, crowds, and even the horse-drawn transportation that echoes down the street
3. Fantasyland - a medley of Disney's greatest fairy tale music tracks
4. Frontierland - gun shots ringing through the air, Davey Crockett's theme song, and all that sounds that remind us "this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!"
5.Adventureland - jungle noises that could be heard on jungle cruise or Indiana Jones... and a few sound clips from the iconic thrill ride "this could get a bit... errr... bumpy"
6. Tomorrowland - transport yourself into the future with sounds from Star Tours, Space Mountain, and Astro Blasters!
7. New Orleans - the jazzy south mixes with two iconic rides, Pirates of the Carribbean & the Haunted Mansion
8. Fantasmic - relive the magical evening show
This is not set in stone, and may still change, but these images are what I was thinking might be nice to include with each CD.