Geometric Yellow Shapes

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 13

I woke up this morning to the most beautiful sight! A clean beautiful bedroom. The sun was dimly lighting our room, so I was able to see just how nice it looked in here. I can't tell you what a difference it makes in your life.

Shelby went in for an emergency surgery today. My phone has not been receiving text messages or calls or voicemail lately, so I didn't even know until Brit came to work to let me know. She had a cyst on her ovary and had to get it removed. All day I was trying to think of ways to see her, to get to California and be with her, even if she was too drugged to notice me. Luckily, she is ok. But I am feeling really restless, like I really want to see her soon. I just know that if the roles were changed it would feel really wonderful to have my sister there with me. It was strange, but just yesterday I was thinking about her. Everybody thinks about their family, but I actually thought, I should call Shelby, but I didn't. Now I wish I had.

I was thinking about a couple of months ago when she and I saw New Moon together, and we'd been gabbing about what we'd thought about the movie and almost walked into the boys room instead of the girls. This nice man turned around right before we entered and said politely "I don't know if you ladies realize this, but you're about to walk into the men's room." We gasped, giggled and ran to the opposite side with the woman on the door. Yesterday I almost did the same thing in Costco, and it made me think to call her.

Tonight Jon made Mike, Brit, & I the most amazing meal with all Veggies! Ok, technically tomatoes are fruit, but still. It was so good! He made an Apple Caprese Salad, Asparagus with a Lemon Glaze, & Peeled Peppers in a Balsamic Reduction Sauce. It was so amazing! This is a picture from tonight. I forgot to get a picture of the food before we devoured it, so I just got one of Mike & Brit.

No comments:

Post a Comment