Geometric Yellow Shapes

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back


This weekend Jon & I went to Anaheim to remember the life of Renee Rodriguez. I didn't know him for very long, but I was always so amazed at how loved & important I felt when I was with him. Like I was the favorite grand daughter-in-law, but thats how he made everyone feel. Everyone was Grandpa's favorite. I also got to spend the weekend getting to know so much of the Rodriguez side of Jon's family. Many of the cousins there I had never met before, and they were so warm & friendly. Renee Rodriguez had 5 boys & 1 daughter, and they have all had 4 (or more) children each, and many of those kids have had children of their own. So you can imagine the packed church, filled with these Rodriguez cousins, aunts, uncles, etc that joined together & remembered the wonderful man. I was so humbled at the love from all of them, and to know that I was now a part of this beautiful family. I think part of the Mexican heritage is the unity & importance of family, and I hope to perpetuate that into our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Savvy - I'm glad it was such a positive experience. These experiences are never easy but having the Plan of Salvation really does make a difference. I sure love you guys and thought of you often this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funerals have a way of being bitter sweet... I am glad you were able to go and support the family, love to you and Jon

    ReplyDelete