Geometric Yellow Shapes

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 21 - Something you wish you could forget

Bad Hair

On my 16th birthday I asked my mom to get a perm. I had always wanted beautiful curly hair, so this was my chance. So she made the appointment, and although I smelled like eggs, I couldn't be happier. Sadly, my hair was not quite what I had envisioned. I was a frizzy, thin haired looking mess that no amount of moose could tame or make look fuller. I was disappointed, extremely, but I felt that my fate was still salvagable... then the unthinkable happened. The fact that my hair had been highlighted blonde, combined with the killing power of the perm solution, fried my hair. Instant mini mullet mohawk on the top of my head. I unfortunately do not have photos of that lovely do, but here are some from that same time.

[shudder]


This is when it started to grow out so I could straighten it more easily... still so gross

1 comment:

  1. Straw for hair is a good thing in some Countries… especially where they have a lot of cows…You wore it proud my daughter and if that is all you regret than I say it is a good thing that perm you had! (your beauty shined through as always)

    ReplyDelete